Monday, December 30, 2013

So that was Christmas... (30/12 email)

Hi everyone!

Hope you all had a very merry Christmas!

I celebrated Christmas Austrian style (on the 24th). We went round to the Timon's and watched Despicable Me 2 and had nibbles and opened presents :) Sister Nemec Skyped her family. Then on the 25th we had a church service in the morning where we sung carols and read from the Bible about Christ's birth. Then we went to the Wilson's where I got to Skype home! It was so nice to see all the family! It went far too quick! Then we had a Christmas feast with all the trimmings! Later on in the evening we went round to the Owens for round 2. (Sooooo much food! :/) The office elders were there too cos they had no appointments. It was really fun, we played games, and I got to play Elder Owens' guitar which is so nice! It was way good having time off to relax, watch movies and eat loads of food :)

On Christmas Eve on the way to the Timons, Sister Nemec and I sung 'O Holy Night' on the bus!! It was probably one of the scariest things I've ever done lol. But it was worth it. Everyone clapped and cheered and we were all filled with the Christmas Spirit haha! 

Boxing day was also really good. We went to the Biddulph's and went for a hike! It was amazing! Apparently there is an amazing view where we went, but it was so foggy that we couldn't see it! Didn't bother me though, it was really nice... reminded me of Lord of the Rings :P

Ok so I have an amazing story to tell you! Hold on to your chairs!! So my whole mission I've been praying to have an experience where I can follow the promptings of the Spirit to find someone who is ready to hear the Gospel and it finally happened!!! 

Sister Nemec and I went out with the Owens to visit a less active member. When we arrived there, we got out the car, and a man smiled at me through his window. I smiled back and had a good feeling about it. We went in to see the less active member, but the whole time this man I just smiled at was on my mind, and I knew that we needed to knock his door. So we left the less active member with the Owens for a moment and knocked on this man's door. It turns out he is a former investigator. His name is Ben and he knows a lot about our religion. He was very friendly and we set an appointment to see him again... Later on in the week we saw him again and had a great discussion about God. He has some questions he wants answered about things that Joseph Smith has said, but I have a really good feeling about him! I know that as soon as he feels the Spirit testifying that this is true, this will be all that matters! 

Sometimes our questions will never be answered... it is not necessary for us to know all things. If we trust in God and know that he has it all figured out, that's all that matters! :)

We also finally had an appointment with our investigator Kim! We are having a FHE with her tonight! We will also be starting to teach the stop smoking program to Paul. He was meant to be getting baptised this week but he will not be ready by then.

It has been a brilliant week! Love you all so much!

xoxo Sister Riley

I found Pride Rock
I was doing my hair and Sis Nemec put some glasses on me..lol
Riley!

No comments:

Post a Comment