Monday, March 31, 2014

My eyes are wet, my heart is full (31/3 email)

Hi everyone!

I don't know where to begin for this week! It has been amazing!
Transfer calls were on the weekend, and I can't believe that Sister Tolman and I are staying together in Congleton for a third transfer! It is the BEST!

We did some work in Biddulph this week. We went to see a couple who had met missionaries about a year ago. We had set up an appointment, but when we arrived at their house there was a note on the door... it said that they had to rush out but they would be back in an hour. So we decided to go to a cafe for lunch and then come back... and guess who was in the cafe? Yep it was them! She came up to us and invited us to join them. She said that she didn't believe in coincidence and it was meant to happen! We had a great chat with them about what makes our religion different... specifically that we have a Prophet on the earth today. They were very intrigued and are considering coming to watch General Conference! They are amazing!!

We also found a new investigator in Biddulph. She is a young girl... probably just a bit younger than us, and we were surprised that she was interested! She was so sweet and happily accepted a Book of Mormon. We will see her next week J

Saturday night our investigator Wendie had us over for tea! This is the first time I've had tea at an investigator's, so I thought it was a big deal She is really sweet, but also frustrating beacuse she doesn't keep commitments. During the week I felt prompted to study the law of tithing for Wendie, and it was amazing cos when we started to teach her after dinner, she just started talking about how she had been thinking about tithing during the week! That was such a witness to me that God is leading this mission! He knows all of our investigators' needs and we just need to ask him what they are.

We had six investigators at church on Sunday! It was the best!

Ok, and now for the highlight of my week... in fact, the highlight of my mission so far! Last night we had a movie night at Brother Moss' home. We watched the Testaments again. But this time Claire came! At the end, when Christ comes to visit the Nephites, the Spirit was so strong! The movie ended and Sister Tolman and I bore our testimonies. I was crying my eyes out! I have never felt God's love so much in my life! Claire said she could feel it too and that she had goosebumps! She hugged me so tight and said thank you so much! She knows it is true! I am so incredibly happy!

Well, there is lots more I could write about, but I'll have to end it here. I love you all so much! In one way or another, each of you have made an impact in my life, and I am grateful for your support and friendship. I hope you all know how much I love this Gospel! It is everything! Without it I wouldn't be who I am today... I wouldn't be this happy! If you are looking for something more in this life... If you want the kind of happiness that's there when you wake up in the morning and when you get in to bed at night, this is it! It is the best!

xoxo Sister Riley

I just love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment