Monday, March 24, 2014

Happiness (24/3 email)

"He answers privately, reaches my reaching
In my Gethsemane, Saviour and friend.
Gentle the peace he finds for my beseeching.
Constant he is and kind, Love without end." 
HYMN 129

Sister Tolman and I sung this hymn this morning. I just love it. I know that Jesus Christ is real. He is my brother. I have come to feel his love and the healing power of his atonement so much on my mission. I don't think I can ever fully understand it, but I am so grateful for it! As imperfect humans, we cannot go through this life alone. No matter how strong we are, each of us need the atonement to "fill in our gaps". Christ can make more of our lives than we can imagine, if we just let him in.

I'm feeling very reflective right now. Transfers are next week, and I feel like my time in Congleton is coming to an end. It's bittersweet. I have loved it so much, I can't even explain it to you. I have especially loved serving with Sister Tolman. We have grown so close, and she will always have a special place in my heart.

Enough of the mushy stuff. J
I went on exchange to Crewe this week. I got to be with Sister Nelson from California. She's from my group, and she's great. We met some crazy people haha! We did service for a lady who is OBSESSED with cats... more than anyone I've met... even more than Emily Davidson ;) She has 8 cats! framed pictures of cats on her walls... her bookshelves are packed with books about cats... you get the picture... anyways, as much as I love cats, I am allergic! And being in that house was nuts! I was sneezing and struggling to breathe! But I soldiered on haha!

I want to share an experience I had at the train station. Sister Tolman and I were sitting waiting for a train. I had my bag on the seat next to me and a lady came up. So I did the polite thing... moved it and asked if she wanted to sit down. Just a simple gesture, and it had a huge impact! She was very grateful! She asked us if we were mormons... we smiled and said yes and she was like "I knew it! I could just tell! Mormons are so nice!"
So from that experience I learnt that our actions, no matter how small and seemingly insignificant can make a huge impact! In all that you do and say, be an example! Your example can make a difference. Your example could be what leads someone to the Gospel.

On friday we had a "sisters sports day" where all the sisters in the mission (about 70) got together to play sports. I was so excited to see Sister Martin again! (my trainer) It was a great day, there was a lot more talking than sport going on though haha!

Claire and her children came to church again this week. Church is so different as a missionary. I don't think of myself at all (except during the sacrament). I just really want our investigators to have a good experience and feel the Spirit. I think that Claire felt the spirit...we will meet again this week and help prepare her to be baptised. J

There is so much I could write about... I just love being a missionary! 

Quote of the week:
Julie: "You make me smile more!"

Make someone smile today! Life is good J
xoxo Sister Riley.

Sister Martin and I reunited
Sister Preston and me
Fish, chips and mushy peas (looks gross but tastes soo good!)

No comments:

Post a Comment