Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hi from Sister Riley (2/9 email)

Hey! So it's my second to last day in the MTC and we don't get a P-day so I don't have much time to write! How's the family? Oh my goodness so much has happened I can't believe it's almost over! I have learnt so much! I came out here thinking I knew a lot and that I was ready but far out, I so wasn't! It's been so great doing role plays and practicing teaching, I have learnt so much about teaching with the Spirit. The highlight of my time in the MTC was definitely the testimony meeting we had on Sunday. I'll just write what I wrote in my journal: 

"We just had fast and testimony meeting and oh my goodness, the Spirit was so strong! There are about 80 missionaries here and almost everyone bore their testimonies. My heart is full. The closing song was 'God be with you til we meet again' and it made me cry so much! I was already crying because I felt the Spirit, but the hymn made me think of you guys back home and also that I would be saying goodbye to missionaries I've met here that aren't serving in the same mission as me... like sister Staheli :(  I feel so motivated to go out and preach the gospel.. to share my testimony and touch the lives of others. I am so blessed."

Man I love Sister Staheli! I feel so lucky to have her as my companion... We had companionship inventory and seriously we have no issues... We get along so well. She is so funny! She loves Harry Potter and cats... and we do 'triple fist bumps' cos we committed three fake investigators to baptism :P I'm gonna miss everyone I've met here :(  I have to leave at like 6 am to go to Manchester :(  but I can't wait!  I don't have time to write much else but I want you to know that I love you all, thanks for your emails... Sorry I don't have time to email individually!

Dad I hope you had a happy Fathers Day! I love you so much! xoxox

God be with you til we meet again, 

Sister Riley xoxox

Photographs:
My district
 


Me and sister Staheli fist-bumping



With some sisters at the temple



No comments:

Post a Comment