Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hi from Sister Riley! (28/8 email)

Hi everyone! Thanks for your emails, I don't have enough time to reply to everyone individually sorry! Oh my goodness where do I start! I can't believe it's only been a week! So much has happened! OK so the flight over was so long and by the end I was dead but I sat next to this nice lady on the way from Dubai to Manchester and I talked to her a bit about the Church and gave her a passalong card! So I'm doing missionary work already :P

OK so when I got here it was so hot and humid! I have not packed for warm weather at all! It's so nice and green and beautiful here :) My companion is Sister Staheli and she's from Pleasant Grove, Utah; she's a sweetheart and we get along really well :) The food here is pretty bland but we have had some good meals like pizza and burgers. The chef is always singing at the top of his lungs lol. We were split into districts and it's like 2 sisters and the rest elders in a district. Our district is Lehi. It's made up of mostly guys from America.

There's one elder from Melbourne, elder Vinck and he reminds me of Casey Raeside. There's also one elder from the Netherlands, elder Slingerland.. oh my goodness he is so funny! Always making us laugh. They are a great bunch of people but you can tell they are all like 18/19 cos as soon as the teacher leaves the room they stop studying..  So sister Burridge from Sydney missed her flight and came late..  she showed all the Americans how to do tim tam slams; they loved it. Me and her have been over-acting the whole Aussie thing.. it's so funny.. we're always like maaate and other aussie slang and the Americans think its way funny.

Our teachers are brother McClure (British) and sister Richardson (Scottish). They are both funny and charismatic, great teachers. We have been teaching investigators.. roleplaying.. but it's very realistic.. I think we are doing really well. I am learning so much! By the end of the day I am just exhausted cos its such a full on day!

Today is preparation day so we got to go to the temple and later on we'll go into town! The temple was so nice! I think its a lot nicer than our one. Our MTC president is President Edwards; he is a great man.. very spiritual. He is a great story teller.. his wife, sister Edwards is lovely. Man I have so much I wanna say but not enough time!

Love you all so much, I'm too busy to miss you yet haha but it was so nice to read your emails. I know that this is where God wants me to be. I have felt his love and spirit so strong. Hope you are all doing well xoxo Sister Riley.

No comments:

Post a Comment