Tuesday, September 24, 2013

First of many baptisms! (23/9 email)

Hiya!

AHHHHHH this week was the best!!!

Estella was baptised on the 21st and I can't put into words how good it felt. Pure Joy :)
And we get to experience it all over again this Saturday when Remek, Tanwa and Femi get baptised on the 28th! Awww yeaaaah!

So this week I went on my first exchange! I went to Stafford. My companion was Sister Hansen from St George, Utah. We are very similar and got along well. We had a wonderful opportunity to speak to a class of college students about our beliefs. We had a Q&A style discussion about our religion. It went for about an hour and it was so good! I must say I was super nervous talking to a group of about twelve 16-17 yr olds but they were great and asked lots of good questions. We gave them all mormon.org cards at the end of it :)

So, Tuesday we travelled to Manchester to have a multi zone skills workshop! It was amazing! I learnt so much! Our mission's goal is 350 baptisms for this year... we are only halfway but President Preston recommitted us to achieve this goal and if we each have a goal of one baptism per companionship per month we will achieve it! And we've got four this month already :P so pumped!

We got to go out to dinner with some members. We went to a carvery. Oh my goodness! Soooo good! Yorkshire puddings! Get on that!

We've been chatting to this man who owns a hotdog stand. Phil, he is such a nice guy. We tried a breakfast sandwich or manwich as he likes to call it... to.die.for! I see a lot of potential in Phil... hopefully he will want to hear the lessons from us :)

I don't have much time... but this week was amazing. Miracles happen. Love you all so much.

xoxox Sister Riley

Estella's baptism!



Exchange with Sister Hansen


With Remek at the baptism


These are for mum... she wanted photos of the flat... enjoy :P




 

No comments:

Post a Comment