Monday, January 13, 2014

No longer just following (13/1 email)

Hi everyone!

What a week! We did sooo much walking this week, my calves are huge! Congleton is very hilly so it's good exercise!

My new companion Sister Tolman is the best! She is from Logan Utah. She is one of the sweetest and loveliest people I've ever met, and I am so excited to work with her :)

We have been teaching Lily Poulton. She is almost 8 years old, and her parents wanted us to teach her the lessons before her baptism. I love teaching kids! It helps me to teach more simple and easy to understand lessons which is good practice for when we teach investigators. The Poulton family is great, they have 3 little girls who are crazy! I love them!

Friday night we held a sports night so we could invite our investigators. Paul and Zane came along, and Paul's friend Darryl. It was a good night :)

We finally got to teach Christian this week! When I was with Sister Nemec we could never get hold of him, but we saw him in town one day and turns out he wasn't dodging us, he just lost his phone... Anyways, Sister Tolman and I had a short lesson with him about the Sabbath Day. He agreed with everything we said and said he would come to church with us when he has a free sunday.

We got to teach Wendy this week too. She opened up to us about how she feels lost and alone. My heart hurt for her. We shared with her how those feelings can be taken away as she reads, prays and comes to church. She is still hesitant to come to church, even though she said she felt good coming to the activities at church. I think that perhaps the people she associates with at her pentacostal church are saying bad things about us 'mormons'. I felt prompted after our lesson to sing for her. We sung 'I am a child of God' and she loved it. She thanked us, and promised to pray to know if coming to our church is the right thing to do. I know she will get her answer... I have such high hopes for her!

I'm out of time, but this week has been so good for me. We didn't get high numbers, but I am finally feeling confident in my abilities as a missionary. Because I had to 'lead out' in the area, I had to step up and take responsibilities. I'm no longer just following my companion around, I finally feel equal to my companion, even though she has been out longer than me.

Thanks for your love and support
Love always, Sister Riley xoxo

Alma 26:22 - The secret to success in missionary work 

My district (before Sis Nemec and Elder Hatch were transferred)
It's so gross how much dog poo is on the streets!
The Poulton girls wearing their ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment