Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Miracles! (20/1 email)

Why hello there!

What a week it's been! Last P-day was so good... you know what the best thing is... when you get everything done super quick and you can have a nap!!! bliss!

We went to this milkshake place in town, and it's the best! You can pick any chocolate and they make a milkshake out of it :) I chose Cadbury Creme egg, oh yeah!

We were out one night knocking doors and all that jazz, and literally no-one was even remotely interested. I was getting very disouraged. I turned to Sis Tolman and told her how I was feeling. I didn't understand why we weren't able to find anyone when we were trying so hard. We said a prayer, and went back to knocking... and you know what... we didn;t find anyone, but I felt so much better! I learnt something so important that night! The antidote to discouragement is WORK! even if you don't find anyone, you will feel good because you are doing the Lord's work!

We did a lot of finding this week, and we were blessed to find a lady named Carol who was very nice and said we could come back, so I'm looking forward to that.

I went on exchange with Sister Wagner to Wrexham in Wales. Sister Wagner looks exactly like Elaine from Seinfeld! I found this highly amusing, and pleaded with her to push someone and say "get out!" but she wouldn't :(  Anyways, I had an amazing exchange! Wrexham is the best! so many people stopped and listened to us, and we had some amazing lessons :)

Now it's time for the miracles!
We got a text during the week from Sis Boswell asking if we could come round to teach Samuel's girlfriend Sasha! Of course we said yes... and nearly fell off our chairs! So we got to teach her and it was so good!! she said she would read the BOM and pray and I am soooo excited!

Saturday was 4hr finding, and we went out to Holmes chapel. We planned to go out to the farms to see if the man we found a few weeks ago was home, cos he was amazing! Unfortunately he wasn't home, so we knocked some doors in a newly established estate... and we found a new investigator! Her name is Jane, and she has 3 kids. She believes in God and was interested in hearing about how the Gospel blesses families :) So we will go back next week!

On Sunday we taught the lesson in Relief Society. It was lesson 2 from the manual, and it went really well. The Spirit was so strong as we testified of Christ and the Atonement, and there weren't many dry eyes in the room. After church there was another miracle. A lady who lives next to the church, just walked in and was asking us questions! She wants to learn more so we will teach her this week!

Sunday night we watched 'Joseph Smith Prophet of the Restoration' at the Mosses home. Zane and Paul came and we all felt the spirit. Zane wants to be baptised asap, but we still haven't been able to teach him! I know that he will be baptised! I am so excited for him!

So I am feeling so pumped for this week! The Lord has blessed us for our hard work, and I am so grateful :) Stay tuned for more miracles!

xoxo Sister Riley

No comments:

Post a Comment