Monday, January 27, 2014

Happy Australia Day! (27/1 email)

Yesterday was the coldest Australia Day ever! I hope you all enjoyed the sunshine! Even though it was pouring rain, I had sunshine in my soul ;) At church I greeted everyone with a "Happy Australia Day!" They thought it was pretty funny, but I was for reals!

I can't believe how quick time is going! This week flew by! 

Our investigator Zane is progressing really well! He will be baptised next month :) We have this couple in our ward, the Meeses, and they are the BEST! Seriously! They are ward missionaries and they just 'get it'. We went round to their house during the week, and Bro Meese was asking us about all our investigators. And he wants to have them over for tea and make friends with them all and he had all these great ideas to fellowship them. This is exactly the kind of support we need! It is SO important for our investigators to make friends at church.

On Saturday, we went out into Holmes Chapel to visit the people we met last week. No-one was home. Just as we were walking down the country lane back into the town, It started to get very dark. We were freaking out! We started running cos a storm was coming. It bucketed down! We were saturated! Pelted with hail! We had to laugh, otherwise we probably would have cried, lol.

Lily Poulton was baptised that night. The chapel was so full! So many friends and family came and it was such a great night. We will follow up with Sister Poulton about what her friends thought and see if we can get some referrals.

I love serving with Sis Tolman, we get along really well, and she is so positive, I love it! We are seeing miracles here in Congleton! Slowly but surely, big things are happening! It all starts with building the members' trust, then getting them to work with us... united and equal. We are the teachers, they are the finders! Well that's how it's supposed to be! I hope that is how it is in the Paralowie Ward! I love you all so much!

xoxo Sister Riley

Sister Tolman and me
Our breakfast on Australia Day
British phonebox in Holmes Chapel

No comments:

Post a Comment