Monday, February 2, 2015

Let it snow! (2/2 email)

Exciting news! I saw proper, white and fluffy, stays on the ground snow this week! Woke up on Friday morning and there was a blanket of it over everything! I was so happy!

In other news, this week we visited Janet, Terry & Claire and Gyozo (a Hungarian man who we read the Book of Mormon with) and they are all doing well. 

We celebrated Australia day with snags on the 'barbie' (George foreman grill) and Tim Tam slams. In the evening we visited Dave and Angela Friend. Some of you may know them because they were living in Lyndoch for a few months last year! They were in the Playford ward! Small world huh! Anyways they were the closest people to Aussies and we talked all things Aussie with them for a little bit. It was nice :)

Other happenings... A member taught us how to knit! 
The Zone Leaders gave an unforgettable object lesson where they threw a perfectly good cake on the ground (HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE GROUND!)
Last night, we went to the missionary fireside and it was the BEST. I got to see Ted, Katarina and Rebecca, and it just made me so happy!

I just want you all to know that GOD ANSWERS PRAYERS! It might take a long time, but he really does answer them. My family have been praying for something for a very long time, and our prayers have been answered. I am beyond happy. I was reading in the Book of Mormon this morning and read a scripture that really shows that after years of praying for something, God will bless you with it when the time is right.

In Ether 1:43 "...And thus I will do unto thee because this long time ye have cried unto me."

Just because we might not be getting the things that we are praying for, doesn't mean that God isn't listening! keep praying! sometimes certain things have to happen before he can grant us the things we are asking for.

Have a great week!
xoxo Sister Riley.

Snow
Snow
Snow
At the missionary fireside

No comments:

Post a Comment