Tuesday, June 24, 2014

It's a girl! (24/6 email)

Crazy week!
All the days just blur into one!

We just came back from a day out with Elder and Sister Donaldson, it was so lovely! they took us to this beautiful lake and we had a picnic and saw a castle and oh it was just perfect!

Let me tell you about my wonderful companion Sister Madsen! She is from Kaysville Utah and she is a sweetheart! As soon as I saw her I knew she was the one I was gonna train! and I just couldn't stop smiling! I didn't understand what people were talking about when they said that it's kinda like having a child but it kinda is as weird as that sounds! I just love and care about her so much, and want to help her to be the best missionary. And so far its been going well. She is very easy to get along with, and has just jumped straight into everything which makes my job easy! We are both keen as beans to get out and find, teach and baptise!

We have just been going hard everyday talking to everyone! Trying so hard to find people to teach! It's tough! But we have faith, and just like it says in the scriptures, faith precedes the miracle!

... And here's a miracle! We received a referral from a member, and we were able to teach her twice and she came to church and wants to be baptised! boom!

It's been a great week, I am just super excited for this transfer :) I had a wonderful experience in Sacrament meeting this week. Heavenly Father just taught me so many things... I'll share one with you. Sometimes it can be overwhelming when we think of all the things we need to do as people who have made covenants with God... But I received a peaceful reassurance that each week as we partake of the sacrament and renew our covenants, We are just promising the Lord that we will remember Him and Follow Him this week. Just one week at a time... then we will come back the next week and do it again. For me it was overwhelming to promise that I will ALWAYS remember Him, but when I think of it as one week at a time I feel much more capable. God never gives a commandment without a way to accomplish it.

There is so much I could say but my mind has gone blank! I am so grateful to be here. Heavenly Father is blessing me in so many different ways. I love Him so much.

I hope you all have a great week, and try your best to remember Christ in all that you do this week.

xoxo Sister Riley.

Family tree (Sister Martin, Sister Madsen and me)
Re-united with Sister Tolman :)
Beautiful lake
Sister Madsen and I on our day out with Elder and Sister Donaldson (castle in background)
Elder and Sister Donaldson
Castle

No comments:

Post a Comment