Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Goodbye Congleton...Hello Rhyl! (12/5 email)

How is Sister Riley like Jonah? 
-They both like spending time in Wales
Haha! I know, I know it's not even funny... but it's true! Rhyl is beautiful! Our flat is super close to the beach and I love it! Ahh the sound of seagulls... reminds me of home J Still waiting for the nice weather though J

It's been a crazy week, and I've been on an emotional rollercoaster. Saying goodbyes, seeing the family, settling into a new country!

The Rhyl ward has been very welcoming, and I am so excited to work with the members and see miracles! The work is going to explode here I can feel it! We have a great Bishop and ward mission leader and I am keen as a bean to get started here J

Sister Campbell is great, and we get along well which is so good to have that instant friendship so that you can go straight into the work with no worries!

I don't have too many stories to tell this week... its been a bit hectic. We spent a lot of time going around and meeting all the members before church on Sunday, which was really great and it made a difference to see familiar faces at church J

I just loved being able to Skype home for Mother's day. It went way too quickly. I love my family so much J

Ahhh there's too much going on in my head right now, I don't know what else to say!
Here is a scripture I read that I really loved this week: Romans 8:35-39.

I am so grateful to know I have a loving Heavenly Father. I am so grateful that I can pray to him and tell him exactly how I am feeling and He just listens. I bet no one else would be able to sit and listen to all the silly stuff I tell him about. But He does... He listens because He loves me so much and when I take time to listen to Him, He speaks to me. It's something that I am still learning how to do, but when I listen with all my heart, He puts thoughts in my mind and I feel peace and love and comfort. I am so grateful for that. I don't think I could be here without that. I would have given up already. But He is always there when I need it, and He picks me up and gives me the strength I need to keep going. And because He has done that for me, I know He will do it for you too.

I hope you all are well. I love to hear from you.
Have a great week, 
xoxo Sister Riley

Sascha!
Last Sunday in Congleton... with the Watts and the Poultons
Sis. Tolman and I climbed to the top of a mountain (kinda J)
Me and Carolina (the lady from Mexico)
The Wilson kids
Sis. Tolman and me with our matching skirts with the Owens

No comments:

Post a Comment