Monday, February 24, 2014

I don't think Its gonna snow... (24/2 email)

Hi everyone! I'm so happy! P-days are the best! (don't get me wrong, I love doing missionary work, but it is soooo nice to have some much needed relaxing time :P)

We did a lot of finding this week. Congleton is very hilly so my legs got a good workout! ;) It is ridiculous how quick the week goes! And If I didn't have my planner in front of me, I struggle to remember what even happened!

Sascha came to church again on Sunday! and she stayed for all the meetings! It was so good! Sister Tolman and I will be teaching seminary this Wednesday night and she wants to come along to that too! She is the best!!!

Also yesterday at church, Bro Poulton came up to us and asked us to teach half his class (last minute!!) but we're missionaries, so of course we said yes! It went quite well, considering we had 5 mins to prepare haha! At the end of the class a big spider crawled into the room and the girls were freaking out! I tried to act all tough and said I would get rid of it (but we all know how terrified I am of spiders!) I don't know why I said I would, but it had something to do with the fact I'm Australian and all the brits think that we see huge spiders every day and it doesn't faze us... anyways I grabbed a cup and a bit of card and did what I've seen Luke do a few times back home... I was super scared but I did it and let it outside!! 

Friday night the Relief Society sisters had a meal at a Chinese restaurant, and our investigator Wendie came along. We had a great time, even though the main course came out 5 mins before Sis Tolman and I had to leave... so we shovelled it down then ran home... not a good idea... haha. But Wendie had a great time, and she and Sister Boswell get along really well, so that is exciting!

The week had a surprise ending! We had another movie night at the Moss' home with Paul, and guess who came along... ZANE! We haven't had contact with him in weeks, so it was so good that he is back in the picture! God answers prayers!!

We have a new district leader, and he has been giving us a scripture to read each day, which I've been loving cos as much as I love studying in the morning, sometimes I struggle with what I should study... anyways... I'll share with you some of my thoughts:

In Enos, as I read verses 12 and 13, It struck me how important it is to have righteous, unselfish desires. God promised Enos that he would be blessed with the desires of his heart. Now if God promised me this, I bet I would ask for something for myself! But not Enos, what does he ask for? For God to bless the future generations and to preserve the records so that they can be saved! What an example he is to us! It really made me think about the things that I ask God for, and how I need to put others before myself. That is what Christ did, and this is the way to true happiness. If we are always thinking of ourselves, we will never be truly happy.

Well, I hope you all have a wonderful week, and really take some time to ponder the scriptures. There are so many lessons to be learned!

Love you all so much 

xoxox Sister Riley

The monkeys are very violent here
One of the old buildings in Sandbach
A dead badger

No comments:

Post a Comment