Monday, January 19, 2015

St Helens (19/1 email)

One Sister from Adelaide, one from Sydney, living on Melbourne Street :)
It sounds like the beginning of a joke haha!

I am just so happy to be here! I've been a bit all over the place to be honest this past week, but I'm finally settling in and getting to know the members and the area. I just want to give it all I've got left! 

I have learnt so much on my mission and I just want to apply it all in my last transfer! I know that the key to success in building up a ward is to unite with the members and for the members to find us people to teach... I've known this my whole mission but never really been able to see it happen... I'm determined to make it happen here in st Helens! I want to be bold with these members! I want them to see that they can't just sit around waiting for other people to do missionary work! We could be out there all day finding during this transfer, but I've done that my whole mission and there's a better way! I'm not going to leave them alone til they give us referrals haha! 

We went tracting this week and we'd almost got through a whole street with no-one answering the door... we were a bit discouraged and doubting if it was an effective use of time... but I remembered that God always blesses extra effort and that the miracle always comes when you're about to give up, so we knocked the next door and someone let us in! That's a miracle in itself! I can probably count the number of times that's happened on one hand! It was a young couple who have a strong belief in Jesus Christ. They were so nice, and so happy to have someone to talk to that shared their belief. Although they were a bit apprehensive about the Book of Mormon, they want us to come back, and Sister Sika and I were on cloud 9 when we left their home! Speaking of clouds, as soon as we left it started snowing! It was magical! Haha.

I just want to encourage you all to find someone for the missionaries in your area to teach. If you involve Heavenly Father and ask for His help, he will guide you! Of course He will! This is His work and He will provide every way for you to do it! There just aren't any excuses for us not to join in on the work. There is always something we can do. I promise you that greater joy will come into your life as you share the Gospel with those around you. I can't put into words the happiness I have felt because of doing missionary work. That joy is not exclusive for full time missionaries... you can all have it by doing the work. 

Love you all so much, 
xoxo Sister Riley

Day out with the Pews
Katarina :D
Saying goodbye to the YSA
With the Chinese boys! Cloud, Ted and Joe
Sister Gjikaj sad to see me go
Aussies!

No comments:

Post a Comment